Head of Digital Content
This is an exceptional opportunity for an existing head of department or a senior content writer or content lead to take on a management role.
You will be a key driver of quality and innovation. Bridging the creativity of our content and Digital PR teams with the requirements of our technical SEOs and clients.
Working across the Studio Team, Technical SEOs, Outreach Executives and Content Writers you will take the lead in delivering creative, results focused activity for our clients.
- Support the positive ethos of the agency, keeping our focus on activity that will deliver results for our clients and the agency
- Manage the day-to-day activity of the team
- Take responsibility for the quality and consistency of the team’s output
- Take an active role in the recruitment and selection of new members of the and team
- Act as placement supervisor for apprentices within the team
- Work to understand the needs of the agencies clients and the opportunities we can leverage for them
- Maintain a commercial perspective to the work of the team
- Take a lead in the preparation of new business proposals for content and outreach based activity
- Overseeing all content creation activities for the agency – driving quality, consistency and industry best practice
- Through the execution of exemplary personal practice inspire the development of first-class content across the agency
- Work directly with clients to develop user personas and tones of voice
- Work with all members of the Content Team to insure they make consistent improvement in their professional skills
- Work closely with the CRM team to develop and oversees an integrated content strategy for each client - channel selection, topics and themes etc.
- Develop new approaches to content creation looking at sourcing primary and secondary information, analysing, and then creating content across a mix of media
- Ensure the agency has a solid position and strategy for content across all social media channels, including emerging platforms
- Develop and implement measurement systems that actively measure the impact and value of the content we produce for our clients
- Create quality content for clients onsite, offsite and social needs
- Work with the Technical SEO Team to develop a creative lead approach to acquiring backlinks safely and profitably
- Work closely with the Technical SEO Team to Identify, develop, and maintain link building best practices across the agency
- Coordinate ideation to create link-worthy content and develop new content and content types when opportunities arise
- Support the creation of a celebratory and resilient culture amongst the outreach team
- Develop client specific plans to deliver backlinks which are tailored to the agreed client objectives
- Develop a network of partners categorised by topic to improve the efficiency of the link placement process
- It is essential that you have agency experience
- It is essential that you can write to a consistent high standard
- It is desirable that you have some team management responsibility
- It is desirable that you have experience of Digital PR