Head of PPC
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of PPC who will have overall responsibility for the performance of the PPC team and the key accounts they manage.
The Head of PPC has the overall responsibility for the performance of the PPC team and the key accounts they manage. Working closely with the Senior Management Team, the successful candidate will help to shape the strategy and direction of the service and the accounts within their remit on ensuring the ongoing improvement in performance and growth across a broad reach of Paid Search platforms.
The Head of Paid Search will be a highly motivated person to lead day-to-day strategic management across all aspects of Paid Search and Paid Social. You will be expected to lead the strategic direction of Paid search and social for each client as well as implementation of their strategy. You should be confident to manage client budget to deliver against KPIs, and work alongside the team to deliver a roadmap in line with the clients objectives.
You will lead the review and assessment of campaign performance and will need a strong understanding of the principles of digital media and the common measurement approaches.
You will be expected to prepare client PPC reporting and lead the PPC discussion on client status calls, maintaining a clear status sheet and ensuring tasks are completed on time and to budget.
You will contribute to client meetings – providing rationale for recommendations and insights into performance.
They will work closely with all members of the PPC team to improve their skills and delivery through training and strong leadership.
The Head of Paid will work in a multi-disciplinary team and have exposure to all digital channels and a number of different clients but deliver expertise in the Paid Channel.
- Full ownership of Paid search and Paid Social channel for the business, including Paid search, including Google & Bing Google Display Network
- Paid Social, including Facebook & Instagram
- Develop paid search program strategies and analysis for the client, including
identifying target audiences, geographic targeting, timing & scheduling strategy
- Manage own workload, including setting SMART objectives and deliverables for each client and ensuring deadlines are met
- Work alongside the other channels to ensure a synergised approach for each client
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s products, competition, industry and marketing objectives; and be able to translate them into search strategies
- Write and deliver Paid media strategies, and oversee these strategies into a best practise media recommendation
- Take a significant role in new business discussions for Paid Search as required, working alongside the other channels
- Own and develop ‘The PPC audit’
- Overseeing budgeting process, creation of projections and allocation within the Paid accounts
- Serve as day-to-day PPC contact for clients
Create and lead client presentations for Paid Search in Face to face and online meetings - Build and maintain clear processes for the Paid Search department
- Taking ownership of product strategy and the PPC roadmap
- Build and maintain knowledge of all aspects of PPC, including industry developments
- Perform research and insight analysis
- Undertake training on any new Paid channels to identify opportunities for clients
To be considered for this brilliant opportunity, the skills and experience will include:
- Minimum 3 years Paid Search related experience
- Minimum 1 year Paid Social experience
- Certified by Google and Bing for Search, Shopping, Mobile and Display
- Very proficient in excel and campaign builds, including Google Ads Editor
- Proficiency in Google Analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for digital media and industry developments
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, in particular, explaining technical concepts to those in non-technical roles
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage multi-site clients and formulate relevant strategies
- Strong understanding of media research tools: understanding their strengths/weaknesses and when and how to effectively use them
- Keen attention to detail and an analytical approach to achieving objectives
- Data-driven and proactive approach to problem solving and analysis
- Google Data Studio experience: Setting up and expanding reporting
The icing on the cake...
- Experience of / knowledge of additional media channels
- Experience in a full-service agency working closely with creative teams
There is a defined career path within this role along with the growth of the company.