Lead PHP Developer (with WordPress)
Inspired Agency are a strategic, creative and digital agency. Due to growth, we have exciting opportunities for a Lead PHP/WordPress developer to join our development department.
Inspired Agency are a strategic, creative and digital agency. Due to growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Web Developer to take the next step in their career by taking on the role of Lead Developer for our PHP Development Team.
Working in a vibrant, fast-paced environment, you would be joining an exciting team made up of two development teams (.NET and PHP).
With hybrid working and flexible working hours, this role is the perfect opportunity for candidates looking to be involved in diverse and large scale projects who are looking to take a significant role within an dynamic, forward-thinking development team.
The Lead Developer will be working closely with the Senior Management to make sure projects are being completed to the highest standard. This will include liaising with team members, clients and have a consultative approach on new and existing projects. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to make a positive contribution to a development team. You will have the opportunity to shape and finesse the approach and technology roadmap.
As the Lead PHP Developer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with PHP-based CMS platforms (especially WordPress and in an ideal world WooCommerce).
- Developing custom built WordPress websites from designs and functional specifications.
- Configuration of web servers and deployment systems using Apache/Nginx, MySQL.
- Reviewing peers projects, providing technical direction aligned to the commercial objectives of the agency
- Communicating with internal team members, clients and third parties at a technical level.
- Working with designers and project leaders to deliver on client and user requirements.
You will have a minimum of 5 years commercial experience...
- Building class-leading medium to enterprise level WordPress websites.
- Creating custom, responsive WordPress themes, layouts and templates from scratch for mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Building and customising bespoke WordPress plug-ins and modules.
- Working with custom posts, custom post meta, taxonomies, tags and categories, actions and hooks.
- Working with WordPress bootstrap process and lifecycle, with a mobile-first approach.
- Experience provisioning, setting up and deploying secure infrastructure for WordPress hosting.
- Customising the WordPress CMS, with bespoke users and permissions, roles and groups.
- Overseeing the management of server deployment with hosting providers and performing server-side speed and security optimisation.
- Integrating systems via APIs
- Excellent PHP skills with experience of maintaining and creating class-based libraries and systems.
- Have attention to detail, with the ability to drive a project or task to a successful conclusion.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have the ability to see individual tasks within the big picture.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Thrive on pressure and pace, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
Nice to have, but not essential...
- Experience working with version control (.git or similar)
- Experience working with Shopify
- Experience of working with React (or a strong interest to learn and gain commercial experience)
- Experience working with pre-processors (sass or less)