Senior PHP Developer (WordPress Experience Essential)
Do you love to code, enjoy solving complex problems and want to work on projects for brands everyone has heard of?
Inspired Agency are a forward thinking, strategic, creative and digital agency.
We create bespoke/innovative web and software solutions across a diverse range of platforms for leading companies such as the NHS, Sports Direct, Hitachi to name a few. Working with cutting edge technologies, we are focused on producing market-leading, best in class web and software solutions that deliver results.
Working in a vibrant, fast paced environment, you would be joining an exciting team who are solutions-focused and genuinely work as a TEAM.
The ideal candidate…
As a Senior PHP Developer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of PHP web sites from designs, functional specifications and ad hoc client requests
- Configuration of web servers and deployment systems using Apache/Nginx, MySQL and continuous integration
- Communicating with internal team members, clients and third parties at a technical level
- Working with designers and project leaders to deliver on client and user requirements
- Have an eye for detail and work with designers to deliver on the teams vision
Ideally you will have…
- Experience of working with PHP-based ecommerce and CMS platforms (especially Magento and WordPress)
- Experience of overseeing the management of server deployment with hosting providers and performing server side speed and security optimisation
- Experience of integrating systems via APIs
- Excellent PHP skills with experience of maintaining and creating class-based libraries and systems
- Experience of developing applications and systems with security as a priority
- Experience working with version control (.git or similar)
- Experience working with preprocessors (sass or less)
- And managing these tasks with gulp or grunt
- Have attention to detail, with the ability to drive a project or task to a successful conclusion
- Be self-motivated
- Have the ability to see individual tasks within the big picture
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Thrive on pressure and pace, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects